Meetings - and How to Find Us
CPS holds formal meetings almost every Friday evening throughout the year,
beginning at 8:00pm. Our ADA-friendly meeting room also hosts a variety of other activities and events - some designed
for general audiences and some attuned to a more narrow focus.
On a typical Friday night you might find a speaker on a specific topic
like Nature Photography, a member or guest speaker providing a travelogue on a particular photo-worthy
destination, hear an update on the latest trends and hottest new equipment on the market or listen to a presentation
on the finer points of night photography or portraiture -
then have a chance to share some of your photos on that topic with the group.
And then there are our
On sixteen Friday evenings scattered throughout the year, our members have the opportunity to present their photographs
for the critique of independent judges. While this allows members a chance to see how their work compares to
that of their fellow photographers, each image is also commented on by the judges - with the goal of providing
useful information to help each photographer learn and grow. Please note that competition evenings are open
to all, but only CPS members may participate in the competitions.
For a complete listing of meetings, competitions and other events, check the
Driving Directions and Maps
Cleveland Photographic Society
is located at 9543 Broadview Rd.
Here's how to find us:
- Take I-77 to Broadview Heights Exit - Route 82 West,
- Go west on Route 82 for about 2 miles until you get to Broadview Road,
- Turn left on Broadview Road and drive about a half mile to Oakes Road on
your left, ( the Fire Station is on the corner ),
- Turn left on Oakes Road and proceed to the first drive on your right.
- This is the entrance to the Broadview Heights Community Building parking lot,
- Go all the way to the back (straight ahead ) of the parking lot and park.
- There is a sidewalk at the corner of the lot, leading through the trees and down a little hill.
You will see a one story brick building.
- The right side of the building is the Police Department Training Center. We are the left side of the building.
COME ON IN!
View from Oakes Rd. entrance into Broadview Heights
Community Building parking lot.
Need a map?
to download a pdf map to CPS from Cleveland.
to download a pdf map to CPS from Broadview Heights.